Some Resources to help your Local Group
We are decentralised, but not alone! Here are some handy resources to make it easy to get up and running. And stay that way!
Host a Heading For Extinction Public Talk
The Heading For Extinction Public Talk is the tried-and-tested way to show people why this movement is needed, and why it will work.
If you haven’t yet had one in your area, or haven’t had one in a while:
- Find a venue that has disability access in your area, where we can use a projector (we have one)
- Equire for available date/time slots, at least 2 weeks ahead
- Contact Outreach Working Group to confirm that a presenter is available
Get training in Action Roles
You can do lots of Local Outreach actions without any background or training – get to it, don’t wait!
For more disruptive actions, it is important that we are properly prepared and informed.
Find upcoming trainings here and organise people in your group to get along. If there are none that suit, contact Training Working Group about:
- NVDA (Non-violent Direct Action) training. a.k.a. Peaceful Protest Training
- Police/Security/Ranger Liaison
- Legal Observers
- Wellbeing Supporter
How to keep your group going!
Tips for ‘Organisers’ or ‘Coordinators’. This amazing document comes from XR Victoria. Replace any of the contact details in it, with the ones you find for WA Working Groups
XR works, because it works differently
XR breaks the mold, which is why it appeals to so many people who don’t usually do ‘activism’. Here is a guide on our ‘Way of Working’ in XR Western Australia.